Tablets and smartphones are a great part of our daily lives, but just like anything that gets used regularly, they will eventually need to be serviced or repaired. Taking care of your tablet requires the skilled touch of a trained professional from The Fone Guys who is knowledgeable and fully qualified to carry out repairs with precision. That brings us to the next topic, the most common ways your iPhone & iPad screens crack or break.
Common Reasons for Damage:
- Predictably, the most common reason for screen damages comes from dropping the device. This can be from just trying to carry too much at once, your child having slippery fingers or just a simple accident.
- Our furry friends are a joy to have around, but that joy can quickly turn to despair when they decide your smartphone is their new favorite chew toy. Though not as common, we see screens that have been cracked due to dog bites often enough in our shop.
- You would think that anything dropped on a soft surface most likely won’t break, sadly, this isn’t always true. Your screen can break even when dropped on a carpet from a few feet in the air. Some people will blame such a break on the parts, however, this is far from accurate.
- When you slam anything in the trunk or car door, you can expect it to break. If you happen to slam your iPad or iPhone in the car door or trunk, not only will your screen crack, you can expect the frame to suffer some serious damage as well.
- Rage is never good when it comes to dealing with fragile and costly tech. You won’t believe how many units are brought into our shop due to the owner having slammed it down on a hard or soft surface out of anger.
- Temperature changes can also affect or break your device screens. If you are going from one extreme temperature to the other, such as a very hot area to a very cold one, the sudden change can be too much for the glass to handle.
- We all try to purchase protective cases to prevent cracks or breaks, but what if the cover is the reason for the damage? Strange enough, there are plenty of instances where a device owner has snapped a cover on their device and cracked it in the process.
- Another common way to damage or crack the screen on your device is by sitting on it. Sometimes a person may forget that the device was on the sofa or chair, or maybe they left their phone in their pocket.
Here at The Fone Guys, we are pleased to offer our customers a reliable service for all types, brands, and models of tablet. We stand by our work. We have dealt with just about every problem a tablet owner can imagine, be it accidental water spills, mishandling by toddlers that led to damage, cracked screens, viruses, or just about anything else you can think of – we’ve seen it all. Our skilled The Fone Guys repair techs are able to get your iPhone or iPad back in working order in no time at all, call us today at 416-366-3489 to let us help you.